Sunday, October 09, 2005

Egg-flower Water Chestnut Soup

On the second week, the theme was Egg. I cooked Egg-flower Water Chestnut Soup. I experimented twice previously but was unhappy with the end results. When I tried the third time, I got it right! Close to my desired taste.



Egg-flower Water Chestnut Soup
冰花馬蹄露 (Bing Hua Ma Ti Lu)

Serves 4

Ingredients:
4-1/2 cups of water
1 bundle of pandan leaves
80gm-100gm rock sugar
250gm water chestnut, cut into pea-sized pieces
1/2 cup fresh or frozen corn
pinch of salt to taste(optional)
1 egg (lightly beaten)
3 tbsp water chestnut powder mixed with 6 tbsp of water. (I used potato starch)


Method:

Boil water, pandan leaves with rock sugar until sugar melts.

Add water chestnut and bring to boil. Add corn.

Add water chestnut powder mixture and stir over medium heat till thickens.

Add salt (optional).

Stir clockwise 2-3 times. Pour egg in when soup is still moving. Turn off heat.

Note: Have to get about 500gm of water chestnut. After washing and cutting, only about 250gm left!

2 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home
<< Index