Sunday, October 09, 2005

Fish & Chips

Participated in Theme Of The Week at Nurkochen, a fun game in which participants baked or cooked something based on the selected theme, and I came up with all these simple dishes. That's me, the type who looks for easy and simple stuffs to do, nevermind that others would laugh at me when they saw what I had produced!

First week, the theme was Lemon. I cooked Fish & Chips. Thought it would be easy but ended up spending so much time just shredding the cabbage for the Coleslaw. I sniggered when I saw the suggested theme because I was happy that I could kill two birds with one stone, as I had already planned to cook this for Ni’s (my naughty girl) birthday.



Fish & Chips

Method:

Marinate dory fish slices with generous amount of lemon juice, pepper, salt and fish sauce.

Smack on the plain flour, dunk the whole slice of fish into a bowl of battered egg, cover it up with bread crumbs and deep fry till you’re happy. Deep fry the fries too.

Don't need to buy tartar sauce for your Fish and Chips. Simply squeeze 1/2 lemon to the mayonnaise and mix them well. It goes very well as "tartar sauce" with fresh lemon smell!


Coleslaw

Serves 4

Ingredients:
350g green or white cabbage, shredded
1 medium carrot, shredded
25ml of sugar
25ml fresh lemon juice
1/2 tsp distilled white vinegar
120ml mayonnaise (Best Foods)
salt & pepper

some fresh milk * (or sour cream)


Method:

Place cabbage and carrot in a mixing bowl and toss to combine.

In a small bowl, combine the sugar, lemon juice, vinegar, mayonnaise. Stir well.

Pour the mayonnaise dressing over the vegetables. Season with salt and pepper. Stir until well coated. Chill in the fridge.

Can prepare overnight and put in the fridge.* fresh milk can be added to the chilled Coleslaw one hour before serving.

Note: For additional 2 more servings, may add another 115g red cabbage & 1 more medium carrot, and increase the mayonnaise dressing accordingly.

4 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home
<< Index