Saturday, November 19, 2005

Eggs with Minced Meat In Hot Sauce

Tried this new recipe from an old cookbook. I think the dish would be better if eggs were replaced with tofu.



Eggs with Minced Meat In Hot Sauce

Ingredients:
10 quail eggs, hard boiled and shelled
200g minced pork (not too lean)
oil for cooking
2 red chilli, seeded and chopped
2-1/2 tsp brown soy bean paste
2 cloves garlic, chopped
1 tsp minced ginger
1 tsp chopped onion
240ml water
1 tsp cornstarch blended with 1 tbsp water
Parsley (for garnishing)

Seasoning Ingredients:
2 tsp light soy sauce
2 tsp sugar
2 tsp cooking wine
1 dash of pepper


Method:

Heat 3 tbsp oil in pan. Saute red chilli and soy bean paste till fragrant.

Add garlic, ginger and onion. Stir-fry till fragrant.

Add pork and fry till colour of meat changes.

Put in eggs and water and bring to the boil.

Stir in the rest of the seasoning ingredients. Simmer for 5 to 10 minutes.

Thicken sauce with cornstarch mixture. Dish up, garnish with parsley and serve.

Note: Adjust the seasoning as desired.

6 Comments:

  • At Saturday, 19 November, 2005, Anonymous Anonymous said…

    may i know wat is the name of the old cookbook ?

     
  • At Saturday, 19 November, 2005, Blogger Tazz said…

    Jingle, I don't have the cookbook anymore because few years back, I let my children cut out so many pages from that book to do Home Econs Projects. Then I kept a few of their unwanted pages and typed the recipes into my PC sometime ago.

    The only thing I can remember is I bought the cookbook many years ago.

     
  • At Sunday, 20 November, 2005, Blogger Jasmine Riko said…

    Eve,

    Wow, your Eggs with Minced Meat In Hot Sauce looks good! Bak Chor (minced meat) is one of my favorites especially the one with black bean and mild chilies oil. Yum yumm...

     
  • At Sunday, 20 November, 2005, Blogger Tazz said…

    Jas, I cooked this for NK TOTW - Meat. Normally I cooked according to my feel. Had to follow recipe so I can submit my work (only made teeny weeny adjustment to ingredients) just in case anyone request and I can't produce my anyhow humtam recipe. *lol*

     
  • At Sunday, 20 November, 2005, Blogger FooDcrazEE said…

    yes, u can humtam what....*chuckle*

    humtam egg with minced sauce
    grilled chincai chicken breast

    etc..

     
  • At Sunday, 20 November, 2005, Blogger Tazz said…

    Mike, I can humtam and I always do! *lol*

     

Post a Comment

<< Home
<< Index