Friday, October 28, 2005

Ngoh Hiang

My family, especially my children, likes to eat Ngoh Hiang. My mum only makes Ngoh Hiang for Chinese New Year. I had to rely on her to give me Ngoh Hiang last time, but I can’t remember when was the last time she gave me that. When I chanced upon Ngoh Hiang recipe at the forum, I was overjoyed. I like both my mum's recipe and the recipe from a forum, so I just tweaked the recipe to my preference.



Ngoh Hiang

Yields 12 Ngoh Hiang

Ingredients for the filling:
500g minced pork
500g prawns (shelled, deveined and diced, only 250g left!)
10 water chestnut, diced
2 chopped big onion
1/2 bowl of shredded carrot
1/2 bowl of chopped spring onion
3/4 bowl of cream crackers, crushed
1 egg (beaten)
corn flour

Seasoning:
Light soya sauce (not too much, because bean sheet is salty)
Pepper
2 tbsp Five spice powder

Bean sheet (clean both sides several times with a clean damp towel)


Method:

Put pork, prawns, water chestnut, big onion, carrot in a mixing bowl. Add seasoning and mix well.

Add the spring onion and mix well.

Add the beaten egg and corn flour. Mix well.

Add the biscuit crumbs. Mix well.

Wrap the fillings in the beancurd sheets; compress the fillings to make it tight.

Deep fry in moderate fire till the Ngoh Hiang is golden brown.

Serve with Chilli.

Note: Ngoh Hiang 2 which is quite similar to this.

3 Comments:

  • At Sunday, 30 October, 2005, Blogger Jasmine Riko said…

    Eve,

    I thought Gene is your hubby. *Laugh* The recipe asked for Cream Cracker?!?! Interesting they looks easy to make huh. Will try them out soon thanks for sharing.

     
  • At Sunday, 30 October, 2005, Blogger Tazz said…

    Gene is my son and Ni is my daughter! I refered my hubby as the significant other, honey or simply the hubby in my posts here. *lol*

     
  • At Friday, 11 November, 2005, Anonymous Anonymous said…

    i like this, thanks.

     

Post a Comment

<< Home
<< Index