Thursday, January 12, 2006

Beer-Battered Chicken

It has been raining continuously for so many days, and the cold weather is making me lazy and sleepy. To make matter worse, some kitchen tiles popped out yesterday due to the extreme change in weather, which really dampened my mood. My spring cleaning is half done and being a hygiene freak, I am feeling extremely uneasy if I don't give everything a thorough wash before the coming new year. The weather is wet and I hate to see wetness at home as well, so I have to KIV most of the washing until the sunny days are here again, *sigh* but don't know when!!!! New year shopping is also half done despite the fact that I have been running around like crazy. I am a fussy shopper and all the clothes and other accessories for my family are subjected to my approval, hence, I have to make every single shopping trip with them personally. Can't trust them to pick the correct designs and materials for every single item. *Aiyoh!* I am so fedup with myself for being such a control freak!!! That's why I have always asked hubby whether he feels like strangling me! *lol*

Enough ranting! Let's talk about food again.

This Beer-Battered Chicken recipe is from a cookbook - Fabulous Fried Chicken. I did not follow the recipe as I found the instructions quite ambiguous. I also reduced the amount of salt, for the marinade, from 1 tsp to 1/2 tsp and added some 1/2 tsp sugar so that the dish would not taste so salty. Verdict, my family likes this as it taste different from my past chicken wings recipes.



Beer-Battered Chicken

Ingredients:
500g mid-joint wings
6 tbsp self-raising flour
1 egg white
120ml beer
1/2 tsp salt
1 tsp olive oil

Marinade:
1 tbsp light soy sauce
1/4 tsp pepper
1 tsp wine
1/2 tsp salt
1/2 tsp sugar


Method:

Wash the mid-joint wings and pat dry. Add in marinade, mix well and set in the fridge for about an hour.

Combine flour and egg white. Then add in beer, salt and olive oil. Mix into a batter.

Coat the wings with batter evenly.

Heat up Half a pot of oil and deep-fry mid-joint wings over low heat for 3 minutes before switching to medium heat. Continue to fry and when they turn golden brown, remove and drain.

Note: The full-bodied flavour of beer helps to create a subtle aroma in the dish!

7 Comments:

  • At Thursday, 12 January, 2006, Blogger jadepearl said…

    So sedap....beer-battered chicken!!! I can eat it on its own!!!

     
  • At Friday, 13 January, 2006, Blogger Fonia said…

    Relax... That's at least 2 weeks b4 CNY!

    Wow... They looks shiok! Always envy all of you that can cook so well. :(

     
  • At Friday, 13 January, 2006, Anonymous Anonymous said…

    Control freak eh, Eve? *lol* I think hygiene wise, we are sama sama. When I clean, I have to make sure it's thorough too, hubby always says I clean too much!

    Yep I've read alot of times that beer batter actually taste especially good on poultry or fish, yours look wonderful, yum!

     
  • At Friday, 13 January, 2006, Blogger Little Corner of Mine said…

    Beer-battered chicken sounds delicios! Fedex some over okie? :P

     
  • At Friday, 13 January, 2006, Blogger Tazz said…

    Fonia, I can't relax. A little worried because so much not done and hubby will be going overseas. Me control freak & hygiene freak. Hubby has been partially influenced by me. Sometimes he uses the hot water to sterilize cut fruits for us. *lol* Of course I bash him up for doing that!!

    Ching, Fedex over? No problem! On the way..... :P

     
  • At Friday, 13 January, 2006, Blogger rokh said…

    i did beer battered fish and it is crunchy and all. beer is the secret eh

     
  • At Saturday, 14 January, 2006, Blogger Tazz said…

    Rachel, that's the first time I used beer to cook. Very yummy! :)

     

Post a Comment

<< Home
<< Index