Sunday, December 04, 2005

Potato Pancakes with Applesauce

I failed in my Fried Apple Pie assignment yesterday, so I had the Applesauce sitting in the fridge waiting for me. I searched for recipes with Applesauce and finally found one, which was close to what I had in mind, at Allrecipe, but I couldn't use that recipe because my Applesauce wasn't entirely the same. Finally I found one Potato Pancakes recipe in an old Lifestyle magazines. The recipe of the Potato Pancakes said to serve with jam or on its own. I combined my Applesauce with the Potato Pancakes recipe and *Tada!* I had put my Applesauce to good use.



Applesauce

Applesauce Ingredients:
5 apples – skinned, cored and cut into small cubes (I used Granny Smith green apples)
1/2 cup sugar
1 teaspoon cinnamon powder
3/4 cup of water
a pinch of salt
1/2 lemon – take the juice.

1 tbsp corn flour with 1/4 cup water


Method for Applesauce:

Mix all ingredients (except corn flour with water) in a pot and cooked over small fire until apples soften.

Add corn flour mixture to thicken. Turn off the heat.




Potato Pancakes
Makes 10 Potato Pancakes

Ingredients for Potato Pancakes:
300g finely grated potatoes
3 medium eggs, lightly beaten
270g plain flour
1-1/2 tsp baking powder
1-1/4 tsp salt
225ml water or milk
Oil to grease frying pan


Method for Potato Pancakes:

Squeeze excess moisture from grated potatoes until almost dry.

Place the grated potatoes into a mixing bowl.

Add the remaining ingredients and combine well into a thick batter.

Heat a frying pan and grease it lightly with oil. Drop 3 – 4 tablespoons of the batter on the frying pan and cook over medium heat for 4 – 5 minutes on each side or until golden brown.

Serve hot with warm Applesauce.

P.S. Both photos updated on 21st March'06

8 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home
<< Index