Sunday, June 11, 2006

Mango, Pomelo & Sago Pudding

I was searching Hong Kong sites for an eggless Mango, Pomelo & Sago Pudding or Chilled Cake recipe, and I found this recipe by Bakery Lover. Quite apprehensive to attempt this recipe at first because I preferred the measurement of mango puree to be in weight rather than number of mangoes (all mangoes differ in size and weight). I thought precise measurement is important in such recipes to yield the perfect consistency - neither wobbly nor hard pudding.

Finally went ahead with my attempt and made minor adjustments to the recipe based on my intuition. Kept my fingers crossed when the pudding was in the fridge. Haha... I was exhilarated when the pudding came out perfect and the taste was just right for my liking. Yes! I did it!!!!

I substituted the coconut milk with evporated milk; increased the amount of pomelo; reduced the castor sugar by 10g; used only 5 mangoes instead of 6 as stated in the recipe. For the quantity of gelatin, not very sure because I was having a jovial exchange with naughty Gene and Ni, and not concentrating with the measurement at that time. *lol*





Mango, Pomelo & Sago Pudding
楊枝甘露布甸

Ingredients:
550g mango puree
300g mango cubes
100g Thai pink pomelo, split into separate bits
50g sago
100g castor sugar (adjust according to sweetness of mango)
100g diary whipping cream
100g evaporated milk
150g drinking water
abt 35g-40g gelatin


Method:

Boil water in a pot. Add sago to boil until transparent. Pour the cooked sago into a sieve then place under running tap water. Drain well and set aside.

Mix drinking water with gelatin, then add in the castor sugar. Dissolve the gelatin and sugar in a double boiler and set aside to cool.

Put the gelatin solution in a mixing bowl. Add in diary whipping cream, evaporated milk and mango puree, mix well.

Add the cooked sago and pomelo. Stir well.

Add the mango cubes to the mixture.

Finally pour the mixture into the mould. Chill to set.

15 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home
<< Index