Monday, December 12, 2005

Pancakes

Look at my Pancakes! I am so happy to get even-coloured Pancakes, at least for one side on each cake. I got the recipe from Allrecipe. After my failed Fried Apple Pie attempt, I learnt a lesson. This time round, I just followed the recipe by using cup measurement for flour. I suspected that it was my wrong conversion of ingredients that had caused the previous failure.

Back to the topic, to get even-coloured Pancakes, flip the pancakes over only when it has become brown (lift a little bit and peep). Refrain from oiling the pan after the first cake, or too often, when you are making more. As for the other side, I still can't achieve the same even-coloured tone. Maybe have to do more experiments next time.



Pancakes

Yields 8 pancakes

Ingredients:
1 cup all-purpose flour
1 tbsp white sugar
1 tsp baking powder
1/2 tsp baking soda
1/4 tsp salt
1 cup milk
1 egg
2 tbsp vegetable oil


Method:

Preheat a lightly oiled frying pan over medium-high heat.

Combine flour, sugar, baking powder, baking soda and salt. Make a well in the centre.

In a separate bowl, beat together egg, milk and oil.

Pour milk mixture into flour mixture. Beat until smooth.

Pour or scoop the batter onto the hot pan, using approximately 1/4 cup for each pancake.

Brown on both sides and serve hot.

10 Comments:

  • At Tuesday, 13 December, 2005, Blogger J said…

    hat off to you. very nicely done!

     
  • At Tuesday, 13 December, 2005, Anonymous Anonymous said…

    Hi Eve! Nice pancakes :) If you are using a non-stick pan, usually oil won't be needed but they cook really fast, so u gotta flip them before they get burnt!

     
  • At Tuesday, 13 December, 2005, Blogger Little Corner of Mine said…

    Nice pancakes Eve! :)

     
  • At Tuesday, 13 December, 2005, Blogger Tazz said…

    Thanks Jan, Lin and Ching. I just got my non-stick pan as present last month. Hehe.. So still quite new in making Pancakes. For the potato Pancakes, I added oil for each Pancakes that's why....

    Lin, thanks for telling me that oil won't be needed for non-stick pan. I'll bear that in mind. ;)

     
  • At Tuesday, 13 December, 2005, Blogger FooDcrazEE said…

    nice....but y salt...thought most pancake will use sugar instead of salt....curious!

     
  • At Wednesday, 14 December, 2005, Anonymous Anonymous said…

    Not a prob at all, Eve :)

    foodcrazee, u do taste a little bit of saltiness in pancakes.

     
  • At Wednesday, 14 December, 2005, Blogger Tazz said…

    Mike, 1 tbsp of white sugar is included in the ingredients as well? Yes, like Lin has mentioned, there is a little bit of saltiness in Pancakes.

     
  • At Thursday, 15 December, 2005, Blogger Fonia said…

    Very nice pancakes!!! Hmmm... Saltiness!? Can omit the salt?

     
  • At Thursday, 15 December, 2005, Blogger rokh said…

    lovely pancakes. now its my turn to hide my face bout my rugged pancake

     
  • At Thursday, 15 December, 2005, Blogger Tazz said…

    Fonia, just a bit of saltiness only. I think it shouldn't affect the taste even if you omit it. Del's Pancakes also called for 1 tsp of salt for 2 cups of flour and 1/4 cup of sugar.

    Rachel, *lol* don't have to hide face. We are not trying to teach in our blog, but merely showing what we have learnt from everywhere, and sharing our experience at the same time.

     

Post a Comment

<< Home
<< Index