Saturday, March 04, 2006

Spicy Salmon with Green Mango Salad

Made this Spicy Salmon with Green Mango Salad for lunch today. Recipe is from AsiaOne Wine & Dine. I adjusted the ingredients to my preference, and served with Fried Bee Hoon (Vermecelli) instead of rice. The combination of this dish with my simple Fried Bee Hoon was great.

For the Fried Bee Hoon, I used the oil which was left from frying the salmon. Just fried with some chicken broth, light soy sauce, fish sauce and a pinch of salt. I also added some beaten egg and bean sprouts.





Spicy Salmon with Green Mango Salad

Ingredients:
250g salmon, cut into 12 strips
1/4 tsp salt
1/2 tsp turmeric powder
1 tablespoon canola oil

For the salad:
2 green mangoes, skinned and shredded
2 red tomatoes, roughly chopped
Half a cup of roughly chopped coriander leaves
Half a cup of mint leaves
4 shallots, sliced

For the dressing:
2 tbsp lime juice
2 tbsp lemon juice
3-1/2 tbsp sugar,preferably grated palm sugar
2 tablespoons fish sauce
1 clove garlic, finely chopped
3 chilli padis (more if you like it hot), finely chopped

For the garnish:
Extra mint and coriander leaves


Method:

Rub salt and turmeric all over fish pieces.

Heat oil and fry fish. Drain on kitchen paper.

In a large glass bowl, mix all salad ingredients.

In a separate small bowl, combine all dressing ingredients. Adjust seasonings to taste if necessary.

Pour dressing over salad and toss to mix.

Spoon salad onto plates, place fish on salad and garnish with extra mint and coriander leaves.

5 Comments:

  • At Sunday, 05 March, 2006, Anonymous Anonymous said…

    Hi Eve! This looks like an awesome dish to me, is the salmon actually spicy?

     
  • At Sunday, 05 March, 2006, Blogger Tazz said…

    Lin, the salmon is not spicy at all! I think I am like you, in love with green mango salad. :)

     
  • At Sunday, 05 March, 2006, Blogger Unknown said…

    Eve, looks like you've been in 'full drive' since returning, churning out all these yummy foods to tantalize our taste buds, making me drool nonstop.

     
  • At Monday, 06 March, 2006, Blogger FooDcrazEE said…

    salmon - hmm.....not a great fan unless its raw....green mango - anytime...lovely food TAZZ

     
  • At Monday, 06 March, 2006, Blogger Tazz said…

    Angie, me on full drive? *lol* Maybe I have been waking up from the right side of the bed these days.

    Hi Totenkuchen, welcome to my blog! :) I felt embarrassed whenever someone said "your recipe" to me coz I didn't create these recipes in the first place. I merely tried the recipes created by others. Sometimes what I did was just to adjust the ingredients or modify the method to suit me. I would rather people said "I will try this recipe..." *lol* Hmm.. grilled salmon? Hey that's a much healthier choice man!

    Thanks Mike! :)

     

Post a Comment

<< Home
<< Index