Monday, March 27, 2006

Sweet Corn Pudding

Jingle shared a Banana Pudding recipe with us. I was so useless, I failed in my attempt. My first mistake was to cut the bananas too early, then the bananas turned dark brown before I added into the custard mixture. The second mistake was to add too early, instead of waiting for the mixture to thicken. The bananas disintegrated completely into the mixture and when the mixture thickened, I had difficulty stirring and some mixture at the bottom got burnt. Well, I didn't throw away at that stage, the colour of the whole mixture eventhough was not bright yellow like Jingle's, it was still presentable, so I poured the mixture into a big rectangular Tupperware tray. An hour later, when I checked the pudding in the fridge, haha... to my horror, the whole pudding turned almost black!!!!!! Hmm.. quite sad because banana is Ni's favourite and she was looking forward to the Banana Pudding.

I told Jingle about my mistakes and she suggested that I used half a can of creamy corn to replace the bananas, in my next attempt.

Well, I tried the recipe with creamy corn. As I did not have enough custard powder to do the whole recipe, I made adjustments to the ingredients. With the creamy corn, it was much easier. The pudding turned up fine but I think (just think, k?) with a little more water, say about 50ml, the pudding will be perfect!!



Sweet Corn Pudding

Ingredients:
1/2 can creamy corn
100g sugar
340ml water
4 pandan leaves, washed and tied into a knot
140g evaporated milk (carnation brand)

100 gm of custard powder + 180ml water


Method:

Bring water to boil in a pot with the pandan leaves.

Prepare 100g of custard powder + 180ml of water in a mixing bowl. Stir to mix well and set aside.

Once the smell of the pandan leaves is fragrant, discard the pandan leaves and add sugar into the boiling water.

When the sugar is dissolved, stir in the custard mixture gradually until it thickens.

Lower the heat and add in evaporated milk follow by the creamy corn, keep on stirring.

When the mixture bubbles, turn off the heat.

Rinse the tray/mould with cold water, then pour in the cooked mixture.

Leave it to set, serve as a cold dessert.

11 Comments:

  • At Monday, 27 March, 2006, Blogger culinary said…

    yeah, now expert in making dessert...keep it up..

     
  • At Monday, 27 March, 2006, Blogger BoZoGEMOK said…

    Wow!!! Evelyn, the sweet corn pudding is so lovely and tempting.. really felt like biting it of the computer screen. Well Done!

    Monday, 27 March, 2006

     
  • At Monday, 27 March, 2006, Blogger Lazyg3r said…

    wow.. so hardworking!!!!!!!!!!!!! So envy leh!!!!!!!!!!! Saw a fruit stall selling pomelo and mango at Hougang y'day. Thinking of making Jingle's pomelo and mango dessert this coming Thursday. Dunno got chance to make or not. LOL!

     
  • At Monday, 27 March, 2006, Blogger Edith said…

    Judy, it is easy. Go for it.

    Eve, your sweet corn pudding swee swee leh! I cut my banana only when the custard was getting ready so no problem. Try again coz' it is nice.

     
  • At Monday, 27 March, 2006, Blogger Unknown said…

    Eve,I like your pudding mould, and the pudding, so nice...

     
  • At Monday, 27 March, 2006, Blogger Tazz said…

    Thanks ladies!

    *blushing* Jingle, me no expert, see, failed in my attempt and have to consult you for tips most of the time. *lol*

    Sharon, the pc screen is hard, be careful, k? Why not just print out and take a bite? *lol*

    Judy, Edith is right, Jingle's Mango Pamelo Dessert is very delicious, must try, k?

    Edith, try the Banana Pudding again? but but but... *lol*

    Angie, the mould was a free gift which I got more than a decade ago.

     
  • At Wednesday, 29 March, 2006, Anonymous Anonymous said…

    You guys are all making desserts eh? Sounds so tempting but it's still cold here so don't crave for cold desserts yet..hehe..might try it when summer comes!

    Very pretty pudding, Eve :)

     
  • At Wednesday, 29 March, 2006, Blogger Unknown said…

    This is my all time favourite dessert but I could never get the rite texture everytime I try making it. I'm gonna try ur recipe now.

     
  • At Wednesday, 29 March, 2006, Blogger Tazz said…

    Thanks Lin!

    Pus, thanks for dropping by. Don't forget to add a little more water.

     
  • At Thursday, 30 March, 2006, Blogger Little Corner of Mine said…

    Tazz,

    Very pretty mould you have! I'm too lazy to make dessert leh.

     
  • At Thursday, 30 March, 2006, Blogger Tazz said…

    Thanks Ching. When comes to desserts, I am not lazy. But I have a naggy SO who will remind of the sugar content all the time.

    -_-"

     

Post a Comment

<< Home
<< Index