Tuesday, March 14, 2006

Steamed Glutinous Rice

Tried this Steamed Glutinous Rice by Lena(aka Ltan), at Edith's place and I liked it so much. So I requested the recipe from Lena and she was so generous to share her recipe, at Nurkochen, with me. A big thanks to Lena!! Hmm... I cooked this last Saturday but it took me so many days before I decided to post it here, think I am getting lazy nowadays. Maybe because the rest of my fellow food bloggers are slowing down, thus affecting my enthusiasm as well?



Steamed Glutinous Rice

Ingredients:
1 kg glutinous rice
50g dried mushroom (soak with water)
50g dried shrimps (wash and drain)
200g pork belly/lean pork
100g shallots (small onions)
350-400ml water
1 tsp chicken flavour seasonings
1 tsp salt or to taste
Cooking oil

Seasoning:
2 tsp oyster sauce
2 tsp sugar
2 tsp light Soya sauce
2 tsp dark Soya sauce
1 tsp pepper
3 tsp sesame oil

Garnishing:
Fried peanuts (optional)
Spring onions for garnishing
Fried shallots (smalls onions)


Method:

Wash the glutinous rice and soak in water. (No need to soak over night, 1/2 -1 hour will do)

Slice softened mushroom, pork and shallots thinly.

Use half of the seasonings to season the mushroom and the other half for the pork.

Fry the sliced shallots and set a side and do the same with the dried shrimps.

Fry the mushroom well then add the pork and fry for about 5 minutes.

Drain the glutinous rice and add into the mushrooms and pork.

Put in half of the fried shallots; keep the other half for garnishing add in all the fried dried shrimps, the chicken seasoning powder and salt. Fry for a few minutes. When it is well mixed, add in the 350 ml of water and turned off the flame. Stir well.

Put into a big pan and steam for 40 minutes or until done.

You may sprinkle some water on it if you find the glutinous rice is still hard or uncooked.

11 Comments:

  • At Tuesday, 14 March, 2006, Blogger J said…

    this looks like a must try recipe. thanks for sharing, eve. and please don't slow down lah :))

     
  • At Wednesday, 15 March, 2006, Blogger culinary said…

    aiyo, so fast you try liao, i wanted to, was pretty tied up recently...

     
  • At Wednesday, 15 March, 2006, Anonymous Anonymous said…

    Looks delicious the glutinous rice, I love this alot! Been very busy so no time to update my blog & webbie..I feel out of breath! Don't be affected by my slowness ok? :)

     
  • At Wednesday, 15 March, 2006, Blogger Tazz said…

    Hi ladies, Lena's SGR recipe is worth a try, very nice.

    As for slowing down, Tazz is lazy and moody. I'll try to be more positive. :))

     
  • At Wednesday, 15 March, 2006, Blogger Fonia said…

    Wow... Yr SGR looks so delicious!!! The GR vy well done, mine sticky type (Mayb due to I cooked with rice-cooker). :P Thanks Tazz for sharing!

    Me too... Been busy recently and don't have much time for baking, so nothing to post at my blog loh! But but but u must keep it up hor... ;)

     
  • At Thursday, 16 March, 2006, Blogger Little Corner of Mine said…

    Yeah, I notice a lot of slow down also. Guess it also give me a reason to being lazy...hahaha...:P

    Nice steamed glutinous rice! I have never try it with fried peanuts before, is it a Singapore thing?

     
  • At Thursday, 16 March, 2006, Blogger Tazz said…

    Fonia, I like Lena's SGR because it is not the sticky type. My mum taught me to cook SGR but couldn't give me the exact meansurements of ingredients, especially the water, so I daren't try hers. :P

    Ching, I thought SGR with fried peanuts is very common everywhere.

    Abt the slowing down, hope it will be over soon for everybody. :))

     
  • At Thursday, 16 March, 2006, Blogger BoZoGEMOK said…

    Tazz, you're a great cook! Always experimenting with new recipes!

     
  • At Thursday, 16 March, 2006, Blogger Unknown said…

    Eve, I also noticed a bit of slowing down hor. As a result, I think I'm also getting a bit lazy. *oops* I've been baking some time, but was lazy to post them on the blog...

     
  • At Friday, 17 March, 2006, Blogger rokh said…

    this one is on my to do list for ages! now you make me crave to do it! yous look so yummy

     
  • At Friday, 17 March, 2006, Blogger Tazz said…

    Sharon, OMG! Please don't say that!*lol* Tazz isn't a great cook, hence, have to join food forums to learn from those who are very experienced. This blog is for me to share my learning experiences. Oh yes, before I forget, thanks for dropping by. :)

    Angie, I'll be waiting for you to share your recent bakes in your blog.

    Rachel, I also have a list of to do for ages... haha! But I find that I have drifted further and further from the list because I am easily distracted.

     

Post a Comment

<< Home
<< Index